Change is Here
I’m Michael Wade, Democratic Candidate for Virginia's 91st House of Delegates District.
As an information technology expert, I’ve supported dozens of small businesses, non-profits, and advocacy organizations over my career. I help organizations adapt to the rapidly changing digital landscape. And I think Richmond could use a bit of change management.
I’m running for this seat to give the working families of Hampton, Poquoson and Yorktown a seat at the table in Richmond. For the past 40 years, the interests of big business and corporate shareholders have taken precedence over the needs of ordinary Virginians, and I’m going to change that. I won’t take corporate money, and I’ll stand up to big business and other special interests that think they own the legislature. I’ll bring bold ideas instead of the failed compromises of the past.
As Delegate, I'll make sure our government works for the people, not for the corporate interests who rely on our labor, our land, and our laws to make their profits.
Our legislative priorities:
- Bring the Green New Deal to Virginia. We are the first generation to feel the sting of climate change, and the last generation that can do something about it
- Support budgets that help working families and public schools, not ones that give handouts to the richest corporations.
- Make the minimum wage a living wage, because no one who works 40 hours a week should live in poverty.
- Stop Virginia’s eviction machine by supporting tenant’s rights
- Reform our criminal justice system by decriminalizing marijuana possession, and ending practices that target minority and low-income communities.
- Protect democracy through independent redistricting, automatic voter registration and restoration.